Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means depositing and/or sharing certain content on a web server administered by a website hosting company. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's explore them. In that way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a blog, mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by particular file storage providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage services frequently involve adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally mistaken interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the load between autonomous stacks of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you wish to share a large amount of images with buddies or associates since the service is typically free. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to administering your mail addresses. Some companies provide site hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you would like to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to run a web site. To some degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At HOSTCAB.COM, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular web content solely.